Synectics Medical Ltd
This privacy statement provides details about how your personal information is collected and used by us. Personal information is any information that identifies you or would enable someone to contact you, which may include your name, email address, phone number, Public and non-public information that is associated with such information. It does not include aggregate information, anonymous information or any other non-personally identifiable information. This privacy statement applies to the Synectics Medical Ltd website; the Single Platform website; products and services that are located on the www.synmed.com and any other sites owned or operated by us.
- The data controller in respect of our website is Synectics Medical Ltd (company registration number: 09043744 of 43 Fanshawe Crescent Ware SG12 0AS. You can contact the data controller by writing to 43 Fanshawe Crescent Ware SG12 0AS or sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Information Collection and Use by Us
- We are the sole owner of information collected on our Sites, post, emails, except for contact lists and content that you provide to us in connection with your use of our products and services. We collect information only as necessary to fulfil the purposes set forth in this privacy statement and we will only use this information as described in this privacy statement. We may combine any or all of this data with other information we collect about you.
- In connection with your use of our products or services, we will obtain contact lists (including name, job title, email addresses, telephone numbers and other information) and content (including the content of our campaigns) that you provide to us in connection with such use. We acknowledge your rights in such contact lists and content. We will never sell or rent your contact details to anyone without your permission and will never use your contact details or content for any purpose other than as described here.
- We may use any of this information to offer and improve our products and services, to provide you with requested information or technical support and invite you to training courses, to facilitate your requests through the Sites or your use of our products and services, to do a better job of advertising and marketing of our products and services.
- We do not record any telephone conversations you have with the company directly.
- How we use your information: for administrative and business purposes (particularly to contact you and process orders you place by fax, post on our website), to improve our business and website, to fulfil our contractual obligations, to advertise our goods and services, to analyse your use of our products and in connection with our legal rights and obligations.
- Disclosure of your information to third parties: only to the extent necessary to run our business, to our service providers, to fulfil any contracts we enter into with you, where required by law or to enforce our legal rights.
- Do we sell your information to third parties (other than in the course of a business sale or purchase or similar event): No
- How long we retain your information: for no longer than necessary, taking into account any legal obligations we have (e.g. to maintain records for tax purposes), any other legal basis we have for using your information (e.g. your consent, performance of a contract with you or our legitimate interests as a business).
- How we secure your information: using appropriate technical and organisational measures such as storing your information on secure servers, encrypting transfers of data to or from our servers, encrypting payments you make on or via our website using PayPal, only granting access to your information where necessary.
- Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard internet log information and visitor behaviour information. This information is used to track visitor use of the website and to compile statistical reports on website activity.
- For further information visit http://www.aboutcookies.org or http://www.allaboutcookies.org
- You can set your browser not to accept cookies and the above websites tell you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases some of our website features may not function as a result.
- Transfers of your information outside the European Economic Area: in certain circumstances we transfer your information outside of the European Economic Area, including to the following countries: The United States of America. Where we do so, we will ensure appropriate safeguards are in place e.g. the third parties we use who transfer your information outside the European Economic Area have self-certified themselves as compliant.
- Use of automated decision making and profiling: we do not use profiling through our use of web analytics. We do not use automated decision making.
- Your rights in relation to your information
- to access your information and to receive information about its use
- to have your information corrected and/or completed
- to have your information deleted
- to restrict the use of your information
- to receive your information in a portable format
- to object to the use of your information
- to withdraw your consent to the use of your information
- to complain to a supervisory authority
- Sensitive personal information: we do not knowingly or intentionally collect what is commonly referred to as ‘sensitive personal information’. Please do not submit sensitive personal information about you to us.
- What legal ground the organisation is relying on “Legitimate interests is one of six legal grounds in the new law that allows the processing of personal data. The GDPR states ‘The processing of personal data for direct marketing purposes may be regarded as carried out for a legitimate interest’ (Please see our LIA Assessment)
- Legal basis for processing: our legitimate interests (Article 6(1)(f) of the General Data Protection Regulation).
- Legitimate interest(s): responding to enquiries and messages we receive and keeping records of correspondence.
- Legal basis for processing: necessary to perform a contract or to take steps at your request to enter into a contract (Article 6(1)(b) of the General Data Protection Regulation).
- Reason why necessary to perform a contract: where your message relates to us providing you with goods or services or taking steps at your request prior to providing you with our goods and services (for example, providing you with information about such goods and services), we will process your information in order to do so).
- Third parties the data will be shared with (this might be specifically named third parties or sectors – the ICO will publish formal guidance
- A reminder that people can withdraw consent You have a choice about how we use your personal information to communicate with you, and you may opt out at any time by unsubscribing or changing your preferences.
- If you wish to complain for the purposes of the UK, the supervisory authority is the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the contact details of which are available here: https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/
- Web server log information
- We use a third-party server to host our website. Our website server automatically logs the IP address you use to access our website as well as other information about your visit such as the pages accessed, information requested, the date and time of the request, the source of your access to our website (e.g. the website or URL (link) which referred you to our website), and your browser version and operating system.
- Transfer and storage of your information No personal information is stored by us or our hosting provider.
- Use of website server log information for IT security purposes Our hosting provider collect(s) and store(s) server logs to ensure network and IT security and so that the server and website remain uncompromised.
- This includes analysing log files to help identify and prevent unauthorised access to our network, the distribution of malicious code, denial of services attacks and other cyber-attacks, by detecting unusual or suspicious activity. Unless we are investigating suspicious or potential criminal activity, we do not make, nor do we allow our hosting provider to make, any attempt to identify you from the information collected via server logs.
- Legal basis for processing: compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject (Article 6(1)(c) of the General Data Protection Regulation).
Notification of Changes
We reserve the right to modify this privacy statement at any time, so please review it frequently. If we decide to change this privacy statement in any material way, we will notify you here, by email, or by means of a notice on www.constantcontact.com and www.singleplatform.com so our users are always aware of what information we collect, how we use it and under what circumstances we disclose it.